Bühler SORTEX A Optical Sorter
The pinnacle of optical flake sorting technology
Breaking the mold – featuring Bühler’s most sophisticated and versatile sorting capabilities, the innovative SORTEX A range is the first choice for processors with the most challenging sorting applications.
Showcasing Bühler innovation with new advanced inspection and lighting systems, this state-of-the-art technology has a superior detection of subtle colors and foreign material.
Available in four sizes, the SORTEX A range provides plastic recyclers with dedicated customized options to handle the most unique and challenging sorting requirements. Showcasing Bühler innovation with new advanced inspection and lighting systems, tiered chute and Label Reduction Kit, this technology provides the ultimate PET and HDPE flake sorting solution, with the highest throughput in the industry. The SORTEX A uses rear and front ended, high-definition color cameras and broadband LED lighting to detect contaminants with up to half the pixel size of other industry solutions.
Bühler’s proprietary technologies ensures the accurate removal of foreign materials in the smallest of PET and HDPE fakes for higher recovery and increased profitability. The tiered chute provides exceptional separation of PET and HDPE fakes for easier targeting while the unique SmartEject™ system sits directly under the chute for the most accurate ejection of defective flakes and foreign materials for industry-leading reject concentration with next-to-no loss of good product. Process engineered with flexibility to handle small to large capacities, the SORTEX A is available in one to five module versions, in three different frame sizes.
The SORTEX A range benefits
- Superior sorting performance
- Ensures consistent operation
- Optimizes productivity, lowering cost of ownership
- Available from one to five modules in three frames sizes.
- Removes contaminants by color including PVC, PS, PA, PE and PC from clear, blue and multi-colored PET flakes
- Removes challenging foreign materials including aluminum, metal, paper, cardboard and wood
- Sorts clear PET flakes from colored PET flakes
- Sorts clear PET flakes from opaque flakes
- Sorts colored PE and PP from HDPE